Glencree

Glencree
November snow at Glencree

Thursday, August 19, 2010

One country down… one to go

Great Barrier Reef
 hunting for food in the Mangroves - Aboriginal style



Kids with Charlie at the Crock Farm


My annual international community service trip with Rustic Pathways has come and gone.  It was a wonderful trip to Queensland Australia.

7 people on a 17 day odyssey "down under". The kids were great and I would travel the world with them any time!

 Our adventure contained: animals of all sorts, Roo poo, jungle swings, bungee jumping, Jabiru Bush Camp learning how to crack a bull whip, throw a boomerang & communicate with horses, surf lessons, the Daintree Rainforest and scuba & snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef.

A big thank you to Allison Scanlin who accompanied me on the trip and to Hillary Proctor who was once again my trusty Rustic Pathways guide (she was with us in Fiji 2 years ago).

So with this trip safely completed I begin my final packing for Ireland.  Five days and a wake up until I get on the plane for the land of St. Patrick!
Glasshouse Mountains
Allison working at the Steve Irwin Zoo
Missy flying through the air
Just arrived in Brisbane
Surfing
Brekkie at Jabiru

1 comment:

  1. Scanny got to cuddle a koala??? I'm dying of jealousy!

    ReplyDelete